Candidates for Monsplasty: Determining If It’s Right for You
Over the years, cosmetic gynecological surgery has undergone significant advancements, introducing a growing array of procedures designed to address concerns about intimate areas. While established options like labiaplasty and vaginoplasty are already available, there is a rising interest in a distinctive procedure called Monsplasty. Unlike vaginoplasty, which focuses on internal tightening, and unlike labiaplasty, which addresses the appearance of the labia, Monsplasty specifically targets the Mons Pubis area. This procedure is gaining popularity among women seeking a transformation to enhance their body confidence.
What is a Monsplasty?
A Monsplasty is a cosmetic procedure that changes the appearance of the mons pubis, which is the fleshy area under the abdomen that covers the pubic bone. For many women, the mons pubis appears to be bulging or is extra padded, which gives it a bigger appearance that can make some women feel self-conscious about themselves and their bodies. This can prevent women from wearing the clothes they would like to wear, such as a bikini or tight pants, yoga pants, or leggings. Many women feel so uncomfortable about this part of their body that they try to wear baggy clothing and avoid working out because of the discomfort that it can cause them. There are women who even feel so bothered by their larger mons pubis area that they do not wish to engage in sexual activities with their partners.
How is a Monsplasty Performed?
A Monsplasty can make a world of difference for women who are dealing with an enlarged or bulging mons pubis area. The procedure is done as an outpatient procedure. It is minimally invasive and does not require much downtime in terms of recovery. This procedure is not a lengthy procedure, either, making it an easy procedure to schedule – even for the busiest women.
A Monsplasty is done either under general anesthesia or local anesthesia, depending on the preference of the patient and the recommendation of the doctor performing the procedure. The procedure itself is done by removing excess fatty tissue from the Mons pubis – it is done through a form of liposuction. After the fatty tissue is removed, small incisions are made in the mons pubis to allow for the trimming of excess skin, as well as make it easier for the remaining skin to be pulled taut and sculpted to create a more desirable appearance.
Is a Monsplasty Right for You?
There are several reasons that women opt for a Monsplasty procedure. Here are some of the reasons that women seek out this procedure so that you can tell if you may be a good candidate for the Monsplasty procedure:
- If you have a bulging pubic area that can be easily seen in certain clothing, such as swimsuits, underwear, leggings, and yoga pants
- If you find that your pubic area has changed in shape a great deal because of pregnancy and childbirth
- If you’ve lost a significant amount of weight and find that there is still some stubborn fat around the pubic area you would like to have removed
- If your lower abdominal area and pubic area are sagging
- If you find that you have too much excess skin on the pubic area and you would like to have it removed and sculpted
- If you are embarrassed by the appearance of your mons pubis
- If you lack confidence and feel embarrassed by the enlarged mons pubis area
- If you have been dealing with aging and find that you are unhappy with the general appearance of the area
There are a lot of reasons that women may opt to have a Monsplasty procedure done. If you find yourself relating to one or more of the reasons above, you and your doctor may find that you are a good candidate for a Monsplasty procedure.