Labiaplasty is one of the most common cosmetic vaginal procedures, but many believe that it would be even better if a labiaplasty could be non-surgical. Now, with Aviva – which is a non-surgical labiaplasty procedure, the downtime, recovery time, and discomfort behind a labiaplasty procedure is even less – giving you the freedom to have a labiaplasty your own way.
What is Aviva Labiaplasty Treatment?
Aviva is a non-surgical laser labiaplasty treatment that is gaining more and more popularity, mostly based on the fact that because it is non-surgical, the risks, downtime, and side effects are much lower than traditional labiaplasty surgery. Aviva is a procedure that will not leave scarring and can shrink the length of the labia minora, tighten the labia majora and shrink the clitoral hood giving women more confidence and comfort, whether during sexual activities or simply wearing tight clothing or working out.
The major benefit of Aviva, compared to traditional labiaplasty surgery, is that there is reduced post-procedure downtime and pain with the procedure, and there is little to no scarring at all. Thanks to the use of radiofrequency lasers that are implemented into the Aviva non-surgical labiaplasty procedure. Aviva can also work better than a traditional labiaplasty for many women, so it is important to do research and speak with your doctor before choosing this type of labiaplasty.
Why are Women Opting for Aviva?
Many women seek out labiaplasty procedures for a variety of reasons, and Aviva is no different. For the first time, Aviva offers women an alternative to the traditional surgical labiaplasty through the use of non surgical lasers. While a labiaplasty is often done for aesthetic reasons alone, it can also be done to ease discomfort for a woman with elongated labia minora, as well. Some of the reasons that women choose to opt for any kind of labiaplasty procedure include:
- Unhappiness with the appearance of the labia
- Discomfort when working out
- Chafing, rubbing, and pain during exercise
- Inability to wear tight clothing due to discomfort and appearance of labia minora
- Sexual discomfort
Why Choose Aviva Over Regular Labiaplasty Surgery?
Labiaplasty is a very personal decision, and choosing what procedure to opt for when it comes to your treatment takes much consideration and knowledge to make an informed decision. While many women believe that regular, surgical labiaplasty is the way to go, there are many reasons that some women choose laser labiaplasty, or Aviva, over the surgical route. Some of the benefits of Aviva over surgical labiaplasty include:
- Recovery time – the recovery period with a traditional, surgical labiaplasty can last from four to six weeks. This is a long time to wait for a full recovery. With Aviva, however, since there is no actual cutting involved, the recovery time is much shorter. You can expect to miss a day or two of work, but most women are back up to resuming their normal activities including working out and resuming sexual activity within one week.
- No scars – traditional surgical labiaplasty can leave unwanted scars and bumps. Aviva Laser labiaplasty, however, is often done in a way that allows it to be known as “scarless labiaplasty,” which can eliminate any scarring whatsoever, leaving you feeling more confident in your own skin.
- Less risk – As opposed to surgical labiaplasty, laser labiaplasty carries less in terms of risks. Thanks to the lack of actual cutting and suturing, you will notice that there is a smaller risk of infection, bleeding, or other injury during and after the procedure. It is important to note, however, that Aviva is still a medical procedure and does carry some risk. The biggest risk of Aviva tends to be a slight irritation or itching in the area, which diminishes over a few days, leaving you without the other side effects of surgical labiaplasty, such as pain, potential bleeding and at times post procedure infections.
How Aviva Laser Labiaplasty Procedures Are Done
Unlike surgical labiaplasty procedures, Aviva does not involve any surgery and it is minimally invasive, making the overall procedure easier, safer for many women, and even more comfortable than a traditional labiaplasty.
Aviva laser labiaplasty is done through the use of radiofrequency lasers, as opposed to cutting and suturing.
A small 1 mm incision will be made to insert the local anesthesia ensuring that the procedure is as painless and as comfortable as possible. Next, 2 small 1mm incisions are made within the labia and the radiofrequency wand is inserted. Once the laser is started it helps to shrink and reduce the thickness and size of the labia minora and majora if desired. The Aviva procedure involves the shrinking of the labia tissue as opposed to cutting, so you won’t have to worry about the traditional risks associated with a surgical procedure.
Is Anesthesia Needed for an Aviva Laser Labiaplasty Procedure?
Since Aviva labiaplasty is a non-surgical option, general anesthesia is not needed. Local anesthesia is provided so that discomfort and pain are eliminated during the procedure. A mild sedative can also be provided to those who are nervous or anxious about the procedure.
What to Expect After the Aviva Procedure and Recovery
After the Aviva procedure, you can expect some light irritation and swelling around the area that was treated. However, since it is not a surgical procedure, a return to normal is expected within one week. Minimizing post-procedure pain and the need for sutures.
With Aviva, recovery is much different than surgical labiaplasty. While recovery with surgical labiaplasty can take up to six weeks, you will notice that with Aviva, it can take as little as one week to fully recover and return to normal daily activities such as exercise, work and intercourse. Although results will be appreciated quickly following your treatment, it is important to note that full results may not be realized for up to twelve weeks after the treatment.
Risks of an Aviva Treatment
Since Aviva is not a surgical procedure, your risks are minimal. Aside from some slight irritation for a few days after your procedure, risks such as bleeding, infection, scarring, and severe pain are unlikely. However, talk to your doctor for more information on these risks, and to make sure you are a good candidate for the procedure so that you can avoid risks.
Why Use Dr. Ghozland for Laser Labiaplasty?
Dr. Ghozland has great success with cosmetic surgeries and reconstructive vaginal surgeries and is trained in the latest technology to make your procedure comfortable and easy for you. His friendly staff are knowledgeable and always happy to help you with all of your questions and needs.
If you are interested in learning more about this novel and new laser labiaplasty procedure in the Los Angeles area or to book your consultation and appointment, call the office of Dr. Ghozland today.