David Ghozland, M.D. is proud to support the next generation of medical professionals by providing a $1,000 scholarship to a student showing excellent promise studying in the sciences or medical field. This scholarship is awarded annually to an undergraduate or graduate student in order to help support their efforts towards earning a degree.
Any student at a four-year accredited university or college is eligible to apply. Please submit an essay of up to 1,000 words (maximum) that answers the following question:
What do you believe is the most significant breakthrough in the field of women’s health over the past 10 years, and why?
- One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded.
- Essays will be evaluated based on originality, creativity and overall quality of writing.
- The deadline to submit is November 16, 2019, 5:00 p.m. PT. There will be no extensions granted.
- Winners will be notified before December 16, 2019.
Application Requirements and Instructions:
- Applicant must currently be enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Applicant must also be majoring in human biology, chemistry, anatomy, or related sciences major working toward a degree.
- Please email your essay to [email protected]. Subject line should read, “Dr. Ghozland Scholarship Application”.
- In the body of the email, please be sure to include your name, school, major, email address and phone number.
- Attach essay and a copy of your transcript in .doc or .pdf format.
Please do not call our office with inquiries about this scholarship. Instead, direct any questions you have to [email protected] Thank you!
2017 Scholarship Winner
We are so happy for the winner of our David Ghozland Scholarship! Congratulations Celest and good luck on your NARM! Thank you for the kind words!
“I am so overwhelmed, humbled and honored by all the messages, likes, loves of me receiving the David Ghozland Scholarship Award in order to sit for my Midwifery Exam with the Medical Board. That I had to stop myself before heading to work this morning to say I’m so blessed to have such wonderful, lovely family and friends who are so supportive. First I like to say thank you to David Ghozland, MD INC.
I remember meeting you years ago at the hospital. You have been an inspiration, encouraging me, supportive of what I shared with you about my goals to be a Midwife and even allowing me to give you some advice. Thank you and your board for this award to be selected from all the applicants it is truly an honor!!!
Never, ever give up and keep pressing towards your goals even if you can’t see how, what, or why. You can achieve your dreams, passion, and purpose…If a single woman as myself with 3 active kids could get this far, I know you all can!!“
-Celest Armstrong Winfrey