5 Reasons Why Intimate Areas Darken Over Time
The darkening of intimate areas is a normal process. While not typically a cause for concern, those experiencing darkening intimate areas may at least want to know why it’s happening. Whether caused by age or other reasons, such as friction or sweating, intimate lightening can be done to prevent and even reverse further darkening of the private areas.
5 Causes of Intimate Area Darkening
- Friction – One of the most common causes of intimate area darkening is friction. This can be caused by wearing underwear that doesn’t fit properly or clothing that is too tight. It can also be caused by everyday activities, such as exercise, sex and even walking. Frequent rubbing can cause the area to change color, but most of these causes cannot be avoided.
- Sweating – Sweating can cause the intimate area to change color. If you sweat a lot, chances are you may notice a darker color in your intimate area. This is due to the waste products found in sweat which change the skin’s color and texture over time. If you find yourself sweating often, frequent cleaning of the area to prevent too much sweat build-up can help.
- Age – Believe it or not, age can play a role in intimate area darkening. As you age, your skin changes – often not only in elasticity and texture, but in color, as well. This can cause certain areas of the body to darken. While this isn’t always the case, procedures such as intimate lightening can really help to reverse the darkening.
- Lack of Fresh Air – Let’s face it, most of the time your intimate areas are kept private, covered by fabrics that don’t let a lot of air pass through the area. Unlike other parts of the body, which are exposed to fresh air often, the lack of ventilation intimate areas receive can cause the skin to change color.
- Frequent Shaving – If you shave your intimate areas often, you might find that they darken a bit over time. This is caused by the frequent irritation of the skin as the new hair grows back, as well as chemicals found in shaving creams and lotions.
How to Lighten Intimate Areas?
There are several things you can do to help lighten up darkened intimate areas. Wearing properly fitting clothing and underwear, for one, can help facilitate better airflow, reducing moisture and allowing the skin to breathe. Another way to help lighten darkened private regions is through intimate lightening.
What is Intimate Lightening?
Intimate lightening is a procedure in which natural compounds, such as fruit extracts, are applied “down-there” to lighten the intimate area. This can be done on both men and women, and after a few treatments, can really make a noticeable difference. These natural treatments are completely safe and effective.
To learn more about the intimate lightening treatment, book a free consultation with Dr. Ghozland. We can show you how to get your confidence back.