Top Benefits of Microneedling
With the vast amount of new cosmetic procedures on the scene today, you may be wondering what sets some of them apart compared to others. There are cosmetic procedures to remove unwanted blemishes, freckles, scars, and discoloration. There are others to help you look more youthful and radiant. But what if you were to come across a single procedure that can do all of that and more? Meet Microneedling. Microneedling is a procedure that is done in your doctor’s office and is experiencing a major surge in popularity. With all of the benefits of microneedling and very little in terms of side effects or risk, it has a good reason to become a great new trend. Many women (and men, too!) are opting in to get this procedure. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits that Microneedling has to offer.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a procedure that can offer amazing benefits to an individual. If you have certain skin concerns or are simply hoping for younger-looking skin, this is a procedure that can be of great value to both men and women. This procedure is done by taking very tiny needles and inserting them into the skin (usually with the help of a type of machine that is able to use many needles at once), puncturing the outer layers of skin. Since the needles are so small, there is very minimal discomfort or pain. The repeated process of piercing the skin with these small needles encourages collagen production, which in turn helps fight aging, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, as well as take care of other skin-related concerns, such as hyperpigmentation, scarring, and stretch marks.
What are the Benefits of Microneedling?
Microneedling has a wide array of benefits that can ultimately change how a person feels about his or her skin. Since there are so many benefits, it is often viewed as a procedure that is ultimately positive for almost everyone who chooses it. Here are some of the benefits of this fantastic procedure:
- Anti-Aging – The first benefit of microneedling that really hits home for a lot of individuals is how great it can be to make the skin look younger, more supple, and radiant. This is because microneedling encourages collagen production, which in turn can help your skin return to being youthful and stop sagging skin from occurring.
- Acne Reduction – Believe it or not, microneedling can actually help with the issue of acne. Acne products are able to penetrate deeper and become more effective after microneedling, potentially reducing the amount of acne you deal with.
- Treatment for Scars. Another huge benefit of Microneedling is the fact that it can help reduce the appearance of scars. Since the procedure helps with collagen production, it can reduce the appearance of scars.
- Sun Damage – When it comes to sun damage, you can take preventative measures, but what about if you already have skin that has been damaged by the sun? Microneedling can do wonders to help even out skin tone and reduce blotchiness and spots.
- Reduces the Size of Pores – It might seem counterproductive – to get holes poked in your skin to reduce the appearance of pores. But when the needles enter the skin, they encourage collagen production, which in turn plumps up the skin, reducing the appearance of pores.
- Reduce the Appearance of Fine Lines and Wrinkles – If you are looking into Microneedling as a way to reduce the appearance of wrinkles or fine lines you may have, you’re in luck. The repeated poking of the needles into the skin helps with the production of collagen and elastin – two compounds that can plump up the skin, reduce lines and wrinkles, and make you look younger.
- Stretch Mark Reduction – If you are dealing with stretch marks, Microneedling can help. The treatment can be used anywhere on the body where stretch marks may be, and can help reduce or eliminate their appearance.
- Allows Topical Treatments to Work Better – No matter what type of topical treatment – facial creams, cleansers, acne medication – using these products after Microneedling allows them to penetrate deeper and work faster and more efficiently.
- Reduces Rosacea – Rosacea, or the red, thickened patches that often form on the cheeks, can also be reduced by Microneedling.
- Fewer Side Effects than Harsher Treatments – Microneedling is not considered a harsh treatment, like chemical peels. Because of this, there are fewer side effects and risks to worry about.
If you would like to learn more about Microneedling or to schedule an appointment, call the office of Dr. Ghozland today at 310-393-9359.