What Food to Eat for a Healthy Vagina
When it comes to taking care of your body, you try to do the basics: get enough sleep, exercise, and eat healthy. But did you know that you can also choose foods that will help keep your vagina healthy? While there are medical procedures that can change the look and feel of your vagina, such as vaginal rejuvenation, you can also take steps to keep yourself healthy down there at home – and it can be as simple as adding certain foods to your diet.
- Water – The most apparent food on this list, water, is one of the best things that you can choose for your vagina and your entire body. Keeping hydrated by drinking at least six to eight glasses of water a day can combat vaginal dryness.
- Cranberry juice – Cranberry juice is a staple for some, because of its acidic compounds that can help fight off harmful bacteria, such as the kind that cause urinary tract infections.
- Dark chocolate – As if you needed another reason to love chocolate, eating a square of this delicious treat can do wonders for your body. It is known to be full of antioxidants, and it also can help increase sexual desire and satisfaction.
- Fruits – Fruits are healthy all around, with many of them containing vitamin C, which has been found to help increase stamina during sexual activity and allow you to claim a healthy sex drive.
- Vegetables – Vegetables are full of vitamins and minerals that are necessary for overall health. While these are great for many of the body’s systems overall, you will also be surprised to know that they are helping keep the health of your down-there area in check, too.
- Soy – Soy contains isoflavones, which are known to create estrogen. Many people believe that plant estrogen can mirror the estrogen in women, which can help with various concerns, such as vaginal dryness or sexual issues. While postmenopausal women can benefit from eating soy, women who suffer vaginal dryness for a host of other reasons may be able to turn to soy as a natural way to combat the condition.
- Chilies – Chilies, especially hot chilies, contain capsaicin known for its ability to stimulate nerve endings, making you feel more sensitive. When you eat these, it can cause you to feel sensations in the body a lot more.
- Almonds – Almonds are an excellent choice for so many different reasons, including their ability to promote vaginal health. They contain zinc, which can help regulate your hormones and reduce menstrual cramps! As another bonus, pumpkin seeds can do this as well!
These eight foods are great ones to add to your diet if you are looking to keep your vagina healthy.
If you would like to learn more about other ways to keep your vagina healthy, such as vaginal rejuvenation, contact the office of Dr. Ghozland today!