5 Practical Reasons to Try Microneedling
When it comes to caring for your skin, there are a lot of options out there which can give you more youthful-looking skin, a reduction in acne scars and blemishes, and a more toned appearance. One of these skin treatments is microneedling. You’ve probably heard of microneedling treatments before and may have even considered getting them done to help improve your skin’s collagen production and improve its appearance. Perhaps you’ve been on the fence and need a reminder of a few reasons why trying a microneedling treatment can really change up your skincare game.
What is Microneedling?
If you are unfamiliar with the microneedling treatment, it is a procedure that uses incredibly tiny needles to prick the skin in the desired area. This helps your skin produce more collagen, which in turn helps firm and tighten the area and smoothe the skin’s appearance, reducing the appearance of scars and blemishes. A numbing cream is usually applied to the area before the microneedling session begins, giving you a reduction in the amount of pain felt and making the procedure as comfortable as possible.
Considering trying a microneedling treatment, but need the extra push to help you on your way? Here are five reasons why you should try microneedling:
- The risk of infection is incredibly low. Many people might think about getting a microneedling treatment done, but are afraid that they could get an infection after having their face poked with tiny needles. The good news is the tiny micro-channels that are opened up in the skin during treatment, close very quickly, so the risk of infection with a microneedling treatment is rather low.
- Microneedling will not cause photosensitivity. If you need to get your procedure done on a sunny afternoon but feel worried about stepping outside because your face will be super sensitive to sunlight, don’t be overly concerned. As long as you take proper precautions, you should be fine with sunscreen. Microneedling treatments do not generally cause photosensitivity. It is important, however, to make sure that you properly care for your skin after treatment!
- Inflammatory hyperpigmentation is typically not an issue. Because the top layer of the skin is not removed during a microneedling treatment, it is unlikely that you will come across any inflammatory hyperpigmentation after your treatment. In fact, microneedling treatments can actually help hyperpigmentation problems if any are present.
- Microneedling treatments don’t cause much downtime. Aside from these treatments being way more cost effective than laser treatments, you won’t experience much, if any, downtime after a microneedling treatment. You will find yourself back on your feet and ready to go in a minimal amount of time.
- Microneedling is great for acne scars. If you find that you have a lot of acne scars, you’ll be glad to know that microneedling treatments can really help to reduce their appearance. Thanks to collagen production being stimulated during the procedure, your skin can work to repair the affected areas and have your skin looking as good as new. A bonus? You don’t even have to treat your whole face, unlike other treatments!
If you are interested in trying microneedling treatments and would like to see if you are a good candidate, call the office of Dr. Ghozland and set up an appointment for a consultation.