The Vampire Facial – This Awesome Treat is No Trick!
As Halloween approaches, many will don vampire masks as they head out in search of ghoulish fun. But the best way to use vampire season to your advantage may be to consider the benefits of a vampire facial. While it may sound creepy, the rejuvenating results are anything but.
What is the Vampire Facial?
Despite its bloody name, the vampire facial is a non-surgical outpatient procedure – no hospital stay required. Board-certified physicians like Dr. David Ghozland in Los Angeles, Calif., perform the procedure right in the office using Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) to deliver rejuvenating properties into aging skin and help it look more plump and youthful. Benefits of this top-trending skincare treatment include improvement in the appearance of:
• Crow’s feet
• Dark under eye circles
• Fine lines around the mouth
• Poor skin texture
• Sun damage
• Acne scars
• Crepey skin in the eye, neck and décolletage areas
Although, innovative PRP is not a new technique. PRP has long been used as part of reconstructive surgery, and is now gaining ground for use in cosmetic procedures as well. It’s been proven that using your own blood can provide dramatic improvements in the skin’s appearance.
The vampire facial procedure itself is performed in 3 simple steps:
• First, your doctor will get a blood sample from you.
• Next, that sample will go through a special filtering process to separate the platelets from the blood.
• Third, a numbing cream will be applied to your face to ensure your comfort, and the platelets will be administered via injection to your skin. Keep in mind, this procedure is non-invasive and uses tiny injections – very much like the type used during Botox treatment. No downtime required!
The vampire facial is rich in skin-rejuvenating collagen. It also contains growth factor, which is known to help body tissue heal following an injury. The treatment also promotes new cell growth. And, because these platelets come from your own body, there is no risk of complication.
If the face you see in the mirror appears less-youthful or more fatigued than you feel, perhaps it’s time to “take a bite out of aging” and consider one of these innovative vampire facials. Call us today at 310-393-9359 or visit our site to learn more and see if a vampire facial is right for you!